Oct 24, 2011

Music Monday: It Begins

     Both "music" and "Monday" start with the letter M, which is enough similarity for me to link the two together. The plan here is for me to post a song/artist that I'm at least semi-addicted to every Monday. This week: Moves Like Jagger (by Maroon 5).


     The video has a slow start; the music doesn't actually begin until about 46 seconds in, and doesn't get awesome until about 1:10. Just bear with me here. While I'm writing this, I'm actually watching the video for the first time. It leaves me confused and a little apprehensive. Thank goodness for Grooveshark, where I can listen to the song without the video.

     I was aware of Maroon 5 in middle school, but I never loved them. They kinda dropped off the radar (at least, my radar) before I even got to high school. I followed The Voice this past April, and Adam Levine was a judge. The first thought that popped into my head when I saw him was "Hot." That's it; just that one word. He is rather hot.

     Flash forward to summer. I'm trolling Grooveshark for songs to dance around to. (Side note: My dancing is more of a controlled flail. It's not very pretty.) This song was on the Popular list, and I recognized it because it because they had performed it (complete with Christina, another judge) on The Voice. And thus began the obsession.

     I listen to this song at least twice a day. Seriously. I dance like a maniac and sing along (poorly). It's great. It's fun. Now that you've read this, you must listen to the song, if you haven't already. Y'know what? If you've already listened, listen again. Just do it. You want to, deep down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! So you want to leave a comment? Sweet. Please keep it...oh, let's say PG. Don't insult me or others, or the comment will be deleted without any hesitation. That being said, constructive criticism is more than welcome. Thanks. :)