Oct 31, 2011

Music Monday: OneRepublic

     Last week I didn't put any names in the titles of the Monday and Wednesday theme posts. I wanted to be able to explain a bit before anyone skipped over the post because they disliked the focus. Yeah, I have weird ways of doing things. At any rate, from now on the Monday/Wednesday posts will have the topic in the title, so you do have the ability to skip over anything you hate. You shouldn't do that, though. You should read everything I post. I'm that cool.

     This week's musical focus is a band, not a single song. As such, I'll "showcase" a couple of their songs. This week is OneRepublic. Yay! I had heard a couple of their songs before, not knowing who it was and not really being pulled in. The first song of theirs I fell in love with was "Secrets." First up, though, is a (probably crack-induced) fanvid of Avatar: The Last Airbender. You'll recognize the song.


     Okay, so it's weird. Deal with it. Anywho, I've got seven OneRepublic songs lined up on Grooveshark that I listen to all the time. I won't give you videos or audio of all of them. That would be insane. But I did mention "Secrets," which happens to be one of my favorites. After I heard it in this movie, which had the song in a cute little nerd-love scene. It kinda fell from my mind, though, until I started watching the newest season of The Sing-Off. (Side note: I watch a lot of reality tv, and a lot of talent competitions. I'm sick.) The group that performed it ultimately went home, a very bad decision on the judges' part, but it solidified my love for the song.


     I must admit, I had a really tough time choosing which video to put there. It was between the one above (which sort of tells the story) and the actual scene from the movie. It had Tesla coils! I'm still torn, actually. Moving on, I believe we need one more song to finish this off.


     I belt this one ("Come Home") out when I'm alone in the house. Not because I want my family to come home. Just because I love it. And, ya know what? Here's that other video. I can't let myself leave it out. He's such a nerd!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! So you want to leave a comment? Sweet. Please keep it...oh, let's say PG. Don't insult me or others, or the comment will be deleted without any hesitation. That being said, constructive criticism is more than welcome. Thanks. :)