Nov 14, 2011

Music Monday: Yay Drinking!

     Let me clear something up before I go any farther. I don't drink. Besides the fact that I'm underage, I also dislike what drinking can do to a person. If you drink, cool. Have fun with that. Any references to me consuming any alcohol (or drugs) are jokes. Got it? Great.

     Now, this week's MM post isn't about a particular artist, or even a particular song. It does have to do with music, though, and it makes me giggle. That means it's good enough to be a MM post. I thoroughly enjoy reading through the articles over at Lifehacker. Recently they did one about Drinkify, a great toy...I mean, um, tool. Basically, you tell it what music you're listening to, and it tells you what to drink while listening. Sure, it's great for setting the mood. Being super-immature, I use it purely for my amusement. It gives some pretty funny suggestions.

This is when I start laughing so hard that I pee myself.

     Yes, forget drinking. If you're forced to listen to Barney songs, you need to get high. There is a drink that combines soda and THC; could that be what they're going for?

I think not.

     I thought that, surely, some music would be immune to Drinkify's evil powers. After all, kids might want to find the right juice to go with their...whatever small children listen to now. Walkmans are dead, aren't they? I miss my hot pink Walkman. Anyway, I put in a few younger "artists" to see what the site would come up with.

So far, so good.

It's Friday, Friday, gotta drown out Friday...

I'm hoping this one is for the parents.
I can see where they got the bourbon, though.
I'm pretty sure there's a Wiggles song about Rip van Winkle.

     Right, so that theory was shot down. But certainly Christian bands would be immune...right? Please, for the love of all that is good in the world...it's Jesus we're talking about!

You drink AND go to church? You must be a hillbilly.

Lord, please bless this rum, and let it nourish our bodies. May we
show others that Christians are still bitchin. Amen.
     Some of these defy logic. Imagine you're listening to some calm classical music. What are you drinking? Probably wine, right?

Nope. Bottled water. How exciting.

     Here are some more that I found amusing. I'll just put them in itty-bitty form down here, and you can click on them to make them bigger! Yay, technology! (Note the difference between Ben Folds alone, below, and Ben Folds with the band, above.)



Stay classy, Inigo.


This one makes perfect sense.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! So you want to leave a comment? Sweet. Please keep it...oh, let's say PG. Don't insult me or others, or the comment will be deleted without any hesitation. That being said, constructive criticism is more than welcome. Thanks. :)